Monday, August 6, 2012

Petstore Goodies

     Wow, I really haven't updated this blog in a while! Well I've been in Peru for the passed few weeks, but now I'm back! :)

     Anyway, I hadn't bought Poppy things from the petstore in a while so I went down to An-Jans (my favorite petstore) to pick up a few things. (Its my favorite petstore because they don't sell animals!:) I got just some necessities. I gave up on buying toys for her because all the cute little stuffed toys I get her get ripped within 10 minutes of giving her it :( And she still has her gummy bear toy, her red ring, her blue kong bone and a disc toy and rope toy which are put away for later. So here are some the the things I got her.

First up, these awesome treats from OId Mother Hubbard. Poppy was getting tired of Carry Outs and I was looking for healthier options. This ones got Peanut butter, brown rice and other ingredients that I can identify. Surprisingly, there's no meat in them, but I don't think Pop minds because they smell like peanut butter heaven.

Next, a new harness! Finally. I've gone through 3 harnesses with Poppy. The first was way to loose and there are holes in it. The second Poppy managed to chew off when she was at the dogsitter's and the third was way too lose. This one fits her great and it matches her purple leash. Though I do wish it had a cute design on it. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

And finally, Natural Balance Beef formula! The last one of these, which was Turkey Formula,  lasted me ages. Pop loves these, except she did get a little sick of the Turkey one, because I've started incorporating this into her food. She is one picky eater!

     On a side note, Poppy has been thrown up 3 times in the last two weeks. She throws up a yellow bile (too much info?) and its always in the morning (on my new carpet). I got a little worried and called her vet. He said its because she doesn't have food in her stomach from the night before and it builds up and causes her to puke the remaining bile in her stomach. Now, here's the thing with Poppy. She'll eat her breakfast (most of the time) but her dinner... not a guarantee. She's just such a picky eater. She'll love a brand of kibble at first, and then a week later she's sick of it. I've gone though soo many brands; Royal Canin, Natural Balance  Wellness, Nutro, Blue Buffalo and others I can't remember. She's liked them and then hated them. The one she's liked the most, however, was Royal Canin, so I've stuck to that one. I usually put in 75% kibble and 25% Natural Balance Roll (the one pictured above), but now she is even getting tired of that. I don't know what else to do. I don't really want to go the raw meat diet because its a little new for me, and I would make her homemade dog food but sometimes I just don't have time to make it. Nevertheless, tonight I'm going to mix her kibble with the usual Natural Balance Roll and add rice and chicken, hopefully she'll eat that. Crossing my fingers, knocking on wood, I really do not want to wake up to her vomiting on my new WHITE carpet again. Luckily I have an awesome cleaner that gets it out but still I do not want her to get sick again. Hopefully it works...


No comments:

Post a Comment