Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy 9 Months, Popkin!

     Today is Poppy's 9 month old birthday! Which means I've had Poppy for 6 months now (the shelter recorded she's born on September 20). I remember when I first picked her up from the Humane Society when she was only 3 months old. 
Poppy at 3 months after her spay surgery

Poppy exploring the house 


     I cannot believe how big she's grown. I remember how dependent she used to be on me. She would cry the minute I would leave the room, even if other people were around. She used to be scared to climb the stairs. She used to be too small to jump on the sofa, she would sleep in my lap all day and she used to be so shy. She has blossomed into a beautiful, loving, confident doggy.

Look ma! No hands!


notice her underbite?

     I love my little Popperton, so in celebration of her 9 month birthday I am making her a special dinner; her kibble (Royal Canin) mixed with steamed carrots (her fav) and boiled chicken (also her fav). Lately, I've been spicing up her kibble because I feel like she really is getting bored of the flavor. She is a VERY picky eater. I've tried about 10 different brands of dog food, the only one she's liked was Royal Canin. So, yesterday I mixed her kibble with baked sweet potato, boiled salmon and blueberries. She loved it! So today I'm making her another creation. I basically give her something close to what I'm eating. I am on this new healthy eating craze and I've decided that its time for Popkin and I to eat healthier. I considered the raw food diet for Pop but I'm the kind of person who has to do A LOT of research before trying something like that. We'll see how it goes. But today, for myself I'm making a grilled chicken sandwich with lots of veggies on the side, with the extra chicken I'm going to make Poppers some boiled chicken with steamed carrots. :) I love my Pop-pop bear so much! Happy Birthday Pops! :) She grew up so fast cannot believe only 3 more months until she's a 1 year old! Well that's all for now, Popsicle has also been working on some tricks so I'll post them on her Youtube. I'm so proud of my little girl!

                                                 Poppy's Derp face hehe ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment