Sunday, June 17, 2012

Roadtrip

     So this weekend was Poppy's first road trip. I have to admit, I was a little scared of how this would turn out. In my car Poppy shakes and cries, but this weekend I borrowed my dad's car and it worked great. She slept the whole 1.5 hours to Davis and didn't cry at all. I was visiting my sister's house in Davis. 
*YAWN* Are we there yet ma?






     Poppy did give me a big scare this weekend though, I left her alone for an hour and I had forgotten her water bowl at home, so I left a plastic bowl with her (she's usually fine with those). I came back and she had ripped up the water bowl completely. I was really worried that she had eaten the plastic. Luckily she was fine though, but I didn't get too much sleep because I wanted to make sure I was awake if she felt sick, or threw up. She did her business fine and ate and drank normally. Poppy and I stayed in a hotel that allowed dogs, and she was great, she only barked once at night when she heard someone walk by. 
Where are we maam?




     A lot of people came to meet Poppy too, I am really glad I took her to Davis because she's still 8 months old so she's still in the stages of getting desensitized to things. She met little kids, which she was a little fearful of at first but was fine later, a lot of people who walked by wanted to pet her, which she loved, and my relatives came to my sister's house to meet her, which she also loved. I love that Poppy is such a friendly dog and that she got some more socialization done on this trip, and practice of being in the car for a long time. 


   But once we got home she just was knocked out, I can tell she's just happy to be home :) In other news there's a bunny in our back yard... Poppy tried chasing it before we left. I really hope that there aren't more little bunnies hopping around in our backyard. I'm fine with one, just not a whole colony! 

No comments:

Post a Comment