Monday, June 18, 2012

Humming Bird and Favorite Toy

     Today morning I was taking Poppy out to do her business when I heard my neighbor over the fence. She said her cat got out and luckily came back, but had caught a Hummingbird. She asked if I could take care of it or take it to the Humane Society because she's going to Las Vegas today. I didn't mind taking care of the bird because I had done this many times before (her cats are always hunting birds and sometimes rabbits!). I took the bird and I put it in a cage with some nectar and lots of ripped paper for a nest. I called the Humane Society and asked if I should bring it in, and they said only if it is injured from the cat attack. I took the bird outside to see if it would fly. It first hopped onto the grass and then it took flight. It was so beautiful to see it, and it even took some nectar from the flowers in my backyard. I didn't get to take a picture of it (sadly) but it looked just like the one below.


     So, after the whole hummingbird situation, Poppy was in crisis. She has this one favorite toy, the JW Gummi Bear dog toy. It looks like this: 

     And she couldn't find it anywhere. Whenever she can't find it she cries and starts looking all over the house for it. I started helping her, and even I couldn't find it. After a while of looking in all the usual places she went, I took her to the back yard. And that's where I saw she had "hidden" it in the grass. She was so happy to have it back, but I couldn't believe she had attempted to bury it in our yard. Today I'm going to go buy her a few more toys (lol) yeah she's spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment